While stress is universal, the way you manifest it is highly personal. This means that TouchPoints™ can be used in different ways for a variety of cases.
Many people use TouchPoints for 15 minutes in the morning to start their day off calm and leveled and for 15 minutes before bedtime to improve their sleep. Some people also like using their TouchPoints for 15-20 in minutes when they are feeling stressed or anticipate being in a stressful situation. Others, like those with sensory issues such as Autism, wear TouchPoints for hours at a time to stay calm and focused.
If you're not sure when you should be using TouchPoints, try them in some of these ways and see what works best for you! After all, your stress is as unique as you are.
TouchPoints should always be worn as a pair. One TouchPoint must be on either side of the body in order for the technology to work.
Skin to skin contact is not necessary as long as you feel the vibrations.
Watchbands: Attach couplers to the included watchbands and wear on wrists.
Other ways to wear them: Hold in your hands or slide in socks or pockets. You can also purchase clothing clips and slide them on the back of each TouchPoint and clip to clothing such as belt, pants, pockets, socks, or bra straps.
When you first receive your devices, charge them overnight for optimal results.
1. Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.
2. If you continue having issues, contact us through the app menu and we'll be glad to help.
The TouchPoint Challenge simulates a stressful event so that you can quickly experience stress reduction and understand how TouchPoints are affecting your body's stress response.
If using TouchPoints Original, the TouchPoint Challenge is built into the app. Simply click the trophy icon in the app menu.
If you have TouchPoints Basic, here’s how you can take the challenge:
1. Think of an event that was particularly stressful for you. On a scale of 0-10, rate the stress level you feel now when thinking of the event.
2. While thinking about the event, notice your body sensations. Where in your body do you feel the stress (i.e. upset stomach, chest tightness)? On a scale of 0-10, rate the intensity of the body sensation now.
3. Turn your TouchPoints on. If using TouchPoints™ Original, use the calm pre-setting. If using TouchPoints Basic, we suggest using the medium setting (yellow light).
4. Continue to focus on the stressful event while your TouchPoints are on.
5. After 30 seconds, turn the TouchPoints off and rate the stress of the event again using a 1-10 scale and rate the intensity of the body sensations using a 1-10 scale.
If you did not feel a significant reduction in stress, turn the TouchPoints again and repeat the challenge until the stress level has been lowered.
Congratulations, you have just completed the TouchPoint Challenge!